Py4J 0.10.9 has just been released on PyPI, Maven Central, and bintray (p2 eclipse repository).
This is a backward-compatible release.
- Python side: launch_gateway can now optionally returns the Popen process object.
- Python side: launch_gateway can now set the current working directory.
- Python side: improved support for Python 3.7 by importing from collections.abc.
- Python side: improved support for Python 3.7 by correctly escaping special characters in docstrings.
- Python side: magic members such as __name__ are no longer sent to the Java side. An AttributeError exception is instead raised.
- Java side: set explicit Gradle version and use gradlew to avoid issues with more recent versions of Gradle.
- Java side: the GatewayServer CLI no longer requires an explicit port and can listen to the default port.
- Java side: Travis no longer tries to build Py4J with Java 6 and 7. These versions are no longer available in default images.
- Java side: array elements can be set to None/null for non-primitive arrays.
- tickets closed for 0.10.9 release
As always, this release has been made possible by the generous contributions from many users and the companies who supported us through our professional services. Every bug reports, patches, pull requests, ideas or help on the mailing list is greatly appreciated.