- Py4J 0.10.6 has just been released on PyPI, Maven Central, and bintray (p2 eclipse repository).
This is a backward-compatible release.
- Python side: refactored memory management in ClientServer. Garbage collection requests are now handled by a dedicated thread, i.e., when a JavaObject is no longer used on the Python side, a garbage collection request is sent to a queue and a management thread is responsible for sending these requests to the Java side.
- Java side: surrounded connection array access in ClientServer with lock to prevent concurrent modification.
- Java side: fixed deep inheritance argument resolution
- Java side: fixed regression where Python proxy tried to convert null values.
- Java side: added a GatewayServer constructor that accepts a Gateway instance.
- tickets closed for 0.10.6 release
As always, this release has been made possible by the generous contributions from many users. Every bug reports, patches, pull requests, ideas or help on the mailing list is greatly appreciated.